Property Safety Limited asks all customers to always check and approve the following terms and conditions that we apply in our transactions with them:
For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean Property Safety Limited.
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
c) The Operative or Engineer shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
2. Right to refuse work:
The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated Operative or Engineer of Company at its absolute discretion.
3.Types of Contract undertaken:
The company operates under two types of contractual arrangement normally. This is either HOURLY RATE WORK or FIXED PRICE WORK
3.1. HOURLY RATE WORK. The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the charge for of materials supplied by the Company and the amount of time spent by the Operative in carrying out works (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining un stocked materials) charged in accordance with the Company’s current hourly rates. The Customer shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer’s work. All charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate. The Company may need to ask the Customer to provide evidence where the Customer is claiming the relief of any special arrangements to reduce the rate of VAT charged by the Company below the Standard Rate applying at the time of supply. Working times and breakdowns of both labour and materials will be shown at all times on sales invoices presented to customers
3.2. FIXED PRICE WORK shall be given as a firm cost, (manifest errors exempted) including Labour & Materials, . All costs are plus VAT at the prevailing rate. Fixed Price Work is priced against a defined schedule of tasks to be completed and materials to be supplied. Proposals for Fixed Price Work must (unless otherwise agreed between the Customer and the Company) be accepted by clients within 2 calendar months of issue or they are
deemed to have been withdrawn.
4. Where a written estimate has been supplied to the Customer by the Company the total charge to the Customer referred to in the estimate should not exceed the actual time taken by more than 20% but may be revised in the following circumstances:—
(i) if after submission of the estimate the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to
carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate.
(ii) if after submission of the estimate there is an increase in the price of materials.
(iii) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared.
(iv) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was
5. The Company shall not be under any obligation to provide an estimate to the Customer & shall only be bound (subject as hereinafter) by estimates given in writing to the Customer. The Company shall not be bound by any estimates given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
6. Material Collection.
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but:
(a) Collection Time will be kept to a minimum & reasonable.
(b) The Customer will be informed wherever possible when the operative leaves the premises.
(c) If the collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes the customer will be additionally informed of the circumstances.
(e) The collection of materials which should be normally stocked items is non-chargeable.
7. Invoices are due for payment immediately upon delivery to the Customer unless otherwise agreed by the Company. Any part of that invoice which remains unpaid shall carry interest at the rate of 4% over the base rate until payment in full is received by the Company. Where larger contracts are involved the Company will
normally agree a schedule of stage payments over the term of the installation or contract.
8. Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non-attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/engineer or for the late or non-delivery of materials.
9. The Customer shall accept sole liability to discharge the Company's account unless he/she discloses to the Company when initially instructing the Company to carry out work &/or supply materials that he/she is acting on behalf of a third party (including, but not limited to, a Limited Company or Partnership) and discloses the name of the third party which should appear on any written estimates provided.
10. If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then th Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure incurred together with the profit that would have been made by the Company had the work been carried out &/or materials supplied in accordance with such instructions.
11. If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate (the ‘Guarantee’). The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
12. The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturer’s warranty in place on any materials or equipment provided. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability; materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
13. The company will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste & drainage systems etc. The company will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the customer & against the written or verbal advice of the Operative/Engineer.
Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & subject to payment in full having been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed.
The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the operative either verbally or indicated of any other related work which requires attention.
The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of GAS SAFE/NICEIC Regulations or Warning Notice issued.
14. Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality (as defined and notified by the Company at the time) or over ten years old at the date of the work, no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
15. Engineers operate under their own Gas Safe Registration & as such are solely responsible for any Gas related work & subsequent liability.
16. These terms & conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company & by the Customer. Further, these terms & conditions shall prevail over any terms & conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to the Company; by entering into a contact with the Company the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms & conditions.
17. Title to any goods, supplied by the Company to the Customer shall not pass to the Customer but shall be retained by the Company until payment in full for such goods has been made by the Customer to the Company.
Until such time as title in the such goods has passed to the Customer:
(i) the Company shall have absolute authority to repossess, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all any or part of such goods in which title remains vested in the Company,
(ii) for the purpose specified in (i) above, the Company or any of its agents or authorised representatives shall be entitled at any time & without notice to enter any premises in which goods or any part thereof is installed, stored or kept, or is reasonably believed so to be and remove such materials or equipment.
(iii) the Company shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent the Customer from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, risk in such goods shall pass on delivery of the same to the Customer, & until such time as title in such goods has passed to the Customer, the Customer shall insure such goods to their replacement value & the Customer shall forthwith, upon request, provide the Company with a certificate or other evidence of such Insurance.
18. The Company shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of it obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control & the Company shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
19. The Company shall only be liable for rectifying works completed by the Company & shall not be held responsible for ensuing damage or claims resulting from this or other work overlooked or subsequently requested & not undertaken at that time.
These terms & conditions & all contacts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law. Should you have any unresolved queries, that require further information or fail to be completely satisfied with our work please ring us and we will deal with the matter immediately.